Monday, June 30, 2008

PUJ strike!

I woke up this morning to a text message my officemate sent. She said that public utility jeepneys are on strike. How would I come to work? Get a taxi? Or will I just be absent? The latter is very much a tempting option however i can't be absent. I have to be at work and get things done. I got up and got ready to leave. True enough, the roads aree empty of PUJs. Private vehicles rule the streets. I finally was able to hail a cab after waiting for quite some time. Of course, during strikes, cabs are in demand and some drivers would even charge than usual. I was surprised to notice that starting from Fuente circle down to Lapulapu bridge, traffic was congested! Why the heavy traffic when there are no jeepneys around? Unbelievable!

Here at work, administrators decided to allow everyone to go home as early as 5:30pm and offered some lift from hired busses. I'm still at work now, i hope the transport strike is over when i'm out.

0 pink thoughts: